A sweet southern treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 bananas (cut in half and split in half lengthwise)
- vanilla or butter pecan ice cream (to serve)
- Add the butter to a large, high-sided saute pan and place over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly, to melt and combine. Move pan off of the heat and add the rum. Standing away from the pan, place the pan back on the heat and bring to a simmer. (If you choose, ignite the pan with a flame to flambe the mixture.) Add the pecans and salt. As the mixture is boiling, add the bananas. Cook until bananas are warmed through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over ice cream.
Jeweled Citrus Bark
Apple Cider Spice Mix
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan Croutons
Carly's Spinach Pesto
Cinnamon Apple Monkey Bread
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw