A sweet southern treat!
Carla Hall Bananas Foster
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Bananas (cut in half lengthwise then halved)
- 1/2 Toasted Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 4 scoops Vanilla or Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter, then stir in sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Once it is melted and combined add pecans, rum and salt.
- If you choose this is when you can ignite the pan with a match to flambe the mixture. As the mixture is boiling add the bananas. Cook until bananas are warmed through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over ice cream.