Banana Oat Muffins
- coconut oil (to grease muffin tray)
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (finely grated, juice retained)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly grease a muffin tray with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the milk, yogurt, grated ginger and juice, molasses and vanilla extract. In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Oatmeal coats the stomach keeping your stomach comfortable all day, while ginger calms the stomach by relaxing the muscles around the digestive track.
2. Freeze the muffin batter to bake at a later time.