These light and fluffy pancakes are loaded with chunks of banana and plenty of thick sour cream.
Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
medium sized bananas (sliced, plus more to serve)
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped and toasted, to serve)
- maple syrup (to serve)
- whipped cream (to serve)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a griddle or nonstick pan to medium heat. Once hot, grease pan with butter. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter at a time to form a medium-sized pancake. Place 3-4 slices of banana on each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear and start popping. Then, flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Continue to make pancakes with remaining batter.
- Serve a pancakes with butter, chopped almonds, bananas, a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Bananas Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast