These light and fluffy pancakes are loaded with chunks of banana and plenty of thick sour cream.
Banana Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup thick Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted; plus more for greasing pan)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 medium sized Bananas (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (chopped)
- Maple Syrup for drizzling
- Whipped Cream to garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Whisk the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Set aside to rest while you preheat your pan.
- Preheat a griddle or non stick pan to medium heat. Add some butter to grease the pan then pour a few tablespoons at a time of batter to form a medium sized pancake. Place 3 to 4 slices of banana on each pancake while it’s cooking. Cook until bubbles appear and start popping, then flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden. The bananas will start to caramelize and get creamy in the center. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm while you make the rest.
- Serve a few pancakes with additional butter, chopped almonds and bananas if you’d like, a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Bananas Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast