Your Sunday morning brunch should include these pancakes. They are delicious and fairly healthy.
Banana Flax Pecan Pancakes
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
1 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Flour
2 tablespoon Sugar
8 tablespoon Butter (divided in half)
6 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Ground Flax Meal
1/2 cup Toaste
- Preheat griddle to medium.
- Whisk eggs until lightly frothy, then add half the butter, milk and buttermilk mixing well. In another bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, flax meal, and ground pecans. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring with a spoon until batter is smooth.
- Brush the griddle with a small amount of butter to keep pancakes from sticking. Using a ladle, make pancakes, using about 1/4th cup of batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes on one side until they are set and then lightly press the bananas into the batter. When small bubbles appear on the uncooked surface, flip the pancakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a plate.
- In another small sauce pot over medium heat, warm the 2 cups maple syrup and stir in the 4 tablespoons butter, stirring until incorporated.
- Serve pancakes drizzled in buttered maple syrup mixture and extra bananas and pecans.