Delicate crepes are stuffed with a decadent banana filling and drizzled with a warm peanut butter sauce.
Bananas Foster Crepes
- For the Crepes:
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch of Salt
- Butter (to oil crepe pan)
- For the Banana Foster:
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Bananas (diced)
- 1/3 cup Dark Rum
- Salt (to taste)
- For the Melted Peanut Butter:
- 1 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- Water (plus more as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Confectioners Sugar (to garnish)
- For the Crepes: Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine. Add the milk bit by bit and whisk to combine until all the milk is incorporated. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and allow the batter to stand for 10 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a 6-inch nonstick pan over high heat until hot and add a dab of butter. Turn the heat down to medium and pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and swirl to coat. Cook until pale golden on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook just 5 or 10 seconds on the second side. Remove and set aside. Continue the process until all the batter has been used. Keep warm on a plate and cover with a warm towel.
- Fill crepes with a large spoonful of the filling and serve with a drizzle of melted peanut butter.
- For the Banana Foster: Melt butter over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add the brown sugar, spices and vanilla and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Toss in the bananas and coat with the sauce. Add the rum and flambe until flames extinguish.
- For the Melted Peanut Butter: Heat peanut butter in a small sauce pan over low adding water as needed to thin to desired consistency. Season to taste. Garnish with confectioners sugar to serve.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch