Michael Symon's Basic Stuffing
- 2 loaves Peasant Loaf (no crust/toasted/cut into cubes)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (plus more if needed)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Zest and Juice of 2 Oranges
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (small dice)
- 1 Stalk Celery (small dice)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup Walnuts (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- Put the toasted, cubed bread into a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, chicken stock, heavy cream, and orange juice and zest and pour over bread mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1 more minute, stirring ingredients together.
- Add vegetable mixture to the bread mixture and mix everything together thoroughly. Transfer to a lightly oiled 9 x 13 baking dish and allow to cool. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 375F. Check stuffing and add more stock if it seems too dry. Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove the foil cover and bake another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.