Basil Dipping Sauce
Mario Batali's Basil Pesto
- 4 cups Basil Leaves (lightly packed)
- 1 cup Pine Nuts (lightly toasted)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts and cheese in a food processor. While the motor is running, slowly drizzle in olive oil to form a thick paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container with a thin layer of olive oil on top for 1 to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, or freeze for a few months.