Michael's beanless chili tastes great on top of ballpark favorites, like nachos and hot dogs!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions (diced)
- 3 pasilla peppers (seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 pounds beef chuck (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablepsoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cans whole, peeled, San Marzano tomatoes (28 ounces each, crushed by hand)
- 1 bottle dark lager
- 2 tablepsoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (diced)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- queso fresco (crumbled, to garnish)
- cilantro (chopped, to garnish)
- lime wedges (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add the onions, pasilla peppers and red pepper flakes. Saute until the onions begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Pat the beef dry and season with salt and pepper. Add it to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until it has browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add oregano, paprika, coriander, cumin, chili powder, garlic, cinnamon stick, tomatoes, beer and chipotle (add as little as one teaspoon to the whole can depending on how hot you’d like your chili).
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the meat and shred it with a fork.
- Return it to the pot, and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered, to thicken. Right before you are ready to serve add the red wine vinegar to the pot and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with the queso fresco, cilantro, and lime for garnish.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions