Michael Symon's Bechamel
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place a sauce pot over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter has melted, whisk in the flour.
- Next whisk in the milk and cream along with the nutemg, cayenne, salt and pepper. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to boil slightly. Turn the heat off and set aside.