Dried Steak Strips
- 2 pounds eye of round, all fat removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut the beef along the grain into 6 strips, 6 inches long, 1/2 an inch wide and 1/2 an inch thick. Place beef in a gallon-sized plastic bag.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, chipotle powder, coriander and paprika. Season the beef aggressively with seasoning mix. Seal the plastic bag, and refrigerate seasoned beef for 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat oven to 250ºF. Remove beef to a baking rack stacked on top of a sheet tray. Leave a space between each strip. Place in preheated oven for 4-5 hours, until the beef is dried out and chewy.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container at room temperature up to several months.
- Helpful Tip: Personalize your jerky by creating your own dry rub.