Dried Steak Strips
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds eye of round, all fat removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut the beef along the grain into 6 strips, 6 inches long, 1/2 an inch wide and 1/2 an inch thick. Place beef in a gallon-sized plastic bag.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, chipotle powder, coriander and paprika. Season the beef aggressively with seasoning mix. Seal the plastic bag, and refrigerate seasoned beef for 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat oven to 250ºF. Remove beef to a baking rack stacked on top of a sheet tray. Leave a space between each strip. Place in preheated oven for 4-5 hours, until the beef is dried out and chewy.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container at room temperature up to several months.
- Helpful Tip: Personalize your jerky by creating your own dry rub.
Red Snapper al Chili Ajo Borracho
Sausage and Peppers over Soft Polenta
Lemon Champagne Float
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Pork and Beef Meatballs