Dried Steak Strips
- step-by-step directions
- 2 pounds eye of round, all fat removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cut the beef along the grain into 6 strips, 6 inches long, 1/2 an inch wide and 1/2 an inch thick. Place beef in a gallon-sized plastic bag.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, chipotle powder, coriander and paprika. Season the beef aggressively with seasoning mix. Seal the plastic bag, and refrigerate seasoned beef for 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat oven to 250ºF. Remove beef to a baking rack stacked on top of a sheet tray. Leave a space between each strip. Place in preheated oven for 4-5 hours, until the beef is dried out and chewy.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container at room temperature up to several months.
- Helpful Tip: Personalize your jerky by creating your own dry rub.
rate this recipe
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs