This messy dish should be served with at least two napkins, but is worth every sloppy bite.
Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Flank Steak (about 1 pound)
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Chopped scallions
- 6 cloves Garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
For the Spicy Lime Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Hot sauce
- 2 Heads Butter Lettuce
- 1 Jar Pre-made Kimchi
- Sriracha (to taste)
- For the Marinade: In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade. Spread the marinade on both sides of steak and wrap the meat in plastic. Keep cold in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours
- For the Spicy Lime Sauce: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Spicy Lime Sauce and set aside until ready to serve or keep cold in a refrigerator or ice-filled cooler for up to 48 hours. Let the sauce come to room temperature before serving.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Salt the steaks and grill them over medium-high heat to desired doneness, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, 12 to 14 minutes for medium.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes.
- To Assemble: Slice steak and place into leaves of lettuce. Drizzle with Spicy Lime Sauce and top with Kimchi, cilantro and Sriracha.