Grilled Sirloin Kabobs
Michael Symon's Beef Skewers with Cilantro Pesto
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound Beef Sirloin (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups fresh Cilantro leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. If using a grill, soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Season the beef with salt and black pepper. Add the beef pieces to the marinade and toss to coat. Divide the beef into 8 portions and thread the meat onto each of the 8 skewers.
- Put the beef skewers on the grill, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the beef and cook until the meat is well caramelized, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, garlic, hazelnuts, parmesan, and extra-virgin olive oil. Process until smooth. taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt as needed.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and put on a platter. Drizzle with some of the cilantro pesto and serve the rest on the side as a dipping. Serve immediately.
Similar categories: Dinner