Beef with Cabbage, Peaches, and Queso Fresco
Fabio Viviani's Beef Wraps
- 1 can Chipotles in Adobo
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Jalapeno (minced)
- 2 cups Thinly Sliced Beef (preferably Top Round)
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 cup Napa Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Queso Fresco
- 2 Peaches (sliced)
- Lime Wedges to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
- In a blender, add the chipotles in adobo, greek yogurt and lime juice and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and red onion and cook until softened and browned slightly. Add the jalapeno and cook until softened. Add the beef and cook to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for medium rare. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- On a griddle over medium heat, or in a dry skillet, toast the tortillas lightly on both sides.
- Assemble the wraps by adding some of the beef mixture, and topping with the chipotle yogurt, bean sprouts, cabbage, queso fresco, and sliced peaches. Garnish with lime wedges to serve.
- Helpful Tip:
1. Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream because it has the same tangy flavor without all of the fat.