Brittani Key's Best Brownies
- 10 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Salt (heavy pinch)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Flour + 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup Walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Salted Caramel (optional)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Optional)
- Position rack in bottom third of oven. Line 8x8 pan with foil with 2 inch overhang (pressed firmly against sides). Coat foil with non-stick spray.
- Brown butter (this is the secret to this recipe) - Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter stops foaming and browned bits form at bottom of pan, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons water, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt. Stir to blend. Let cool 5 minutes (mixture will still be hot). Add eggs to hot mixture 1 at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. When mixture looks thick and shiny, add flour and stir until blended. Beat vigorously 60 strokes. Stir in nuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean (with a few moist crumbs attached), about 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Using foil overhang, lift brownies from pan. Cut into 4 strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 4 brownies.
- Top with one scoop of vanilla ice cream and salted caramel (Optional).