Start your day off right with this delicious breakfast meal. It's truly a feast.
Big Breakfast Bonanza
- For the Scrambled Eggs with Sausage Gravy:
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Sage Leaves (torn)
- 2 cups Milk
- 6 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 Scallions (sliced - green and white parts)
- 3 tablespoons Butter (divided)
- 8 slices Multigrain Bread (toasted)
- For the Fruit Salad:
- 2 cups Pineapple (cubed)
- 4 Kiwi (peeled and sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups Cantaloupe (cubed)
- 2 cups Honeydew Melon (cubed)
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- 1/4 cup Ginger Simple Syrup
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 large piece Ginger (peeled and sliced into thin rounds)
- For the Scrambled Eggs with Sausage Gravy: Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter. Crumble and add sausage and cook until browned. Add sage to pan. Add flour and stir until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the eggs and beat together. In a non stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and once it has foamed and subsided, add the eggs, and scramble, running a silicone spatula across the bottom of the pan to create soft curds of egg. Once cooked to desired consistency, remove from heat. Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter the toasted bread.
- For the Fruit Salad: Toss all the fruit together, and add the lime juice, lime zest, mint, and 1/4 cup of ginger simple syrup. Allow to sit a few minutes to allow the flavors to brighten.
- For the Ginger Simple Syrup: Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Add ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep for 1 hour. Pour syrup through a sieve into an airtight container and discard ginger. Refrigerate between uses.
- Serve eggs with buttered toast, sausage gravy and a side of fruit salad.