Make them fresh today!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (chilled and cut into cubes, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to mix. Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse it a few times, until the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. Add in the buttermilk and pulse just to combine.
- Pour the dough out onto a a lightly floured work surface. Form dough into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. With a ring cutter, cut biscuit and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Helpful Tips:
1. For dinner, cut the biscuits in half and top with chicken soup!
2. For cheddar biscuits, add 1 /12 cups of cold, grated cheddar cheese to the biscuit dough.
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin