Make them fresh today!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (chilled and cut into cubes, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to mix. Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse it a few times, until the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. Add in the buttermilk and pulse just to combine.
- Pour the dough out onto a a lightly floured work surface. Form dough into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. With a ring cutter, cut biscuit and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Helpful Tips:
1. For dinner, cut the biscuits in half and top with chicken soup!
2. For cheddar biscuits, add 1 /12 cups of cold, grated cheddar cheese to the biscuit dough.
Chilled Corn Soup with Ancho Chili Puree
Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls
Chimichurri Grilled Wings
Peach Pie Pinwheels
Crispy Ginger Thai Wings
Cherry Pecan Monkey Bread
Grilled Cornbread with Blueberry Compote
Grilled Lobster Tails with Lime Basil Butter
Grilled Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Red Onions
Taleggio and Salami Panini
Soft Shell Crab Falsi Testaroli with Lemon Tomato Basil Sauce
Pineapple Foster with Pound Cake