Make them fresh today!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (chilled and cut into cubes, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to mix. Add the cold, cubed butter and pulse it a few times, until the mixture resembles course breadcrumbs. Add in the buttermilk and pulse just to combine.
- Pour the dough out onto a a lightly floured work surface. Form dough into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. With a ring cutter, cut biscuit and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Helpful Tips:
1. For dinner, cut the biscuits in half and top with chicken soup!
2. For cheddar biscuits, add 1 /12 cups of cold, grated cheddar cheese to the biscuit dough.
rate this recipe
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese