A fool-proof dessert recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cups Frozen Blackberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Set aside 2 cups of the blackberries to remain whole.
- Combine the remaining blackberries, 1/2 of the sugar, and lemon juice and zest, and cornstarch in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary. Put mixture in a small sauce pot and simmer on medium-low heat for about 12-15 minutes, until it has cooked down and become thick.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream and vanilla extract until peaks form and cream is whipped. Divide the whipped cream into 2 equal portions.
- In a large trifle dish add 1 cup of the berry mixture to the bottom. Take the rest of the berry mixture and fold it into 1 of the whipped creams (leaving the other plain). Begin layering the trifle dish with the plain whipped cream followed by some fresh blackberries and the berry cream. Repeat until you've used all ingredients. Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- Refrigerate an hour prior to serving.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber