A fool-proof dessert recipe!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cups Frozen Blackberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Set aside 2 cups of the blackberries to remain whole.
- Combine the remaining blackberries, 1/2 of the sugar, and lemon juice and zest, and cornstarch in a food processor. Pulse until pureed. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary. Put mixture in a small sauce pot and simmer on medium-low heat for about 12-15 minutes, until it has cooked down and become thick.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream and vanilla extract until peaks form and cream is whipped. Divide the whipped cream into 2 equal portions.
- In a large trifle dish add 1 cup of the berry mixture to the bottom. Take the rest of the berry mixture and fold it into 1 of the whipped creams (leaving the other plain). Begin layering the trifle dish with the plain whipped cream followed by some fresh blackberries and the berry cream. Repeat until you've used all ingredients. Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- Refrigerate an hour prior to serving.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad