Have a taste of summer with this pie!
Carla Hall's Blackberry Pot Pie
- For the Pie Dough:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 sticks Chilled Butter (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
For the Filling:
- 6 cups Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- For the Pie Dough: Combine water, salt, and sugar in measuring cup. Stir and place cup in fridge for at least 15 min. (to chill water and to dissolve sugar and salt.) If possible, chill mixing bowl and paddle attachment if possible.
- Combine flour and butter pieces in mixing bowl. On medium speed, cut butter into flour until butter pieces are the size of small pebbles. With the mixer running, pour the water into the butter mixture. Mix until the dough comes together. Separate the dough into 2 disks. Wrap one with film and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out one disk of the pie dough and place in the bottom of a 9x9, placing excess dough up the sides of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes in sheet pan.
- For the Filling: In large bowl, mix blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and juice, and cornstarch together. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to form juices.
- Pour blackberry filling into the 9x9 (which now has a baked pie crust). Using the other disk of the pie dough cover the top and allow excess to run over the sides. Brush the top of the dough with the butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cut three slits.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes making sure your crust is golden brown.
Similar categories: Desserts