Have a taste of summer with this pie!
Blackberry Pot Pie
- Pie Dough:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 sticks Chilled Butter (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 6 Cups Blackberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- For the Crust: Combine water, salt, and sugar in measuring cup. Stir and place cup in fridge for at least 15 min. (to chill water and to dissolve sugar and salt.) If possible, chill mixing bowl and paddle attachment.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add flour and butter. Beat on medium speed until the butter becomes the size of small pebbles. While the mixer is running, add the water and mix until the dough comes together. Separate the dough into 2 disks. Wrap each with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Roll out one disk of the pie dough and place in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish, placing excess dough up the sides of the pan.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl, add blackberries, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon zest and juice, and cornstarch and mix to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes until juices form.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the butter. Roll out the other disk of dough to fit the 9x9 baking dish.
- To Assemble: Add the blackberry filling into the 9x9 baking dish. Using the other disk of the pie dough cover the top and allow excess to run over the sides. Brush the top of the dough with the butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cut three slits.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.