Go mobile with these inventive wings that layer the dipping sauces right into the chicken! Great meal to bring to a party or a picnic!
Blue Cheese Buffalo Wings
- 10 chicken wings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup flour (sifted, not in bag)
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning (ie: Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/8 stick of butter
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine blue cheese and buttermilk in a blender.
- Marinate chicken wings in the buttermilk and blue cheese batter for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine dry seasonings.
- Drain chicken and lay flat on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken on both sides, then sift the flour over the chicken until lightly coated on both sides.
- Heat oil in a skillet (enough to cover wings) and fry wings until crispy and golden, then remove and drain.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, then add hot sauce and stir.
- Place wings in baking dish, pour sauce over wings to coat, cover with foil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350ºF.