Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Benno and Leo Batali's Blue Cheese Pocket Burgers
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 pounds Ground Chuck
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns (toasted)
- 1 Grilled Onion
- 1/2 pound Mushrooms
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Combine the cumin, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Form your ground chuck into 8 evenly sized thin patties. On one side of each patty, sprinkle a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of the cumin mixture (or more to your liking).
- Flip over 4 of the patties. Making sure that the spices are on the outside of the patty, put a quarter of the blue cheese on the center of each patty (the nonspiced side). These are the bottom patties. Take one of the remaining patties and place it over the blue cheese on one of the bottom patties, making sure that the spices are on the outside. Do this with the remaining 3 patties. Gently push the top patty down around the blue cheese and pinch the sides of the patties together until the burgers are completely sealed around the cheese.
- Put your burgers on the grill and let them cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. To eat a burger, put it on a toasted hamburger bun and enjoy.