This red, white and blue pie is the perfect way to show your patriotic spirit this holiday.
Blueberry Cherry Pie WIth Sour Cream
- 1 Recipe: Carla's Perfect Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups Cherries
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Mild Honey
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out pastry to 12" round and place in deep 9" pie plate. Blind bake with pie weights for 10 minutes. Remove pie weights and brush pie dough with 1 egg white and 2 tablespoons sugar until it's frothy. Bake for an additional 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In a large bowl, toss sugar mixture with blueberries and cherries. In a small bowl, combine eggs, remaining sugar, sour cream and honey. Add the egg mixture to the blueberries and gently combine.
- Pour the blueberry- cherry filling into the prepared pie shell and bake for 1 hour at 350. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Similar categories: Desserts