Carla makes Blueberry Pancakes like her mom used to make!!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Pancakes:
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1/2 stick Butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 For the Syrup: For the Syrup: pint Blueberries (rinsed) For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Blueberry Jam
- For the Pancakes: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, lemon zest, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients until combined but with small lumps.
- Preheat an oven to 200ºF. Heat a griddle to medium heat. Grease lightly with butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle, and when bubbles begin to form on the surface, carefully drop blueberries into the pancakes, then flip. Once golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, transfer to a plate in the oven to keep warm.
- For the Syrup: Meanwhile in a small saucepot, combine the maple syrup and blueberry jam over medium heat and mix to combine.
- Drizzle pancakes with blueberry maple syrup to serve.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Make pancakes up to a two hours in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Blueberries Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami