Carla makes Blueberry Pancakes like her mom used to make!!
- For the Pancakes:
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 4 tablespoons Butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 pint Blueberries
- For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Blueberry Jam
- For the Pancakes: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, lemon zest and melted butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients until combined but with small lumps.
- Preheat an oven to 200F.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Grease lightly with butter. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle, and when bubbles begin to form on the surface, carefully drop blueberries into the pancakes, then flip. Once golden brown on both sides, transfer to a plate in the oven to keep warm.
- For the Syrup: Meanwhile in a small saucepot, combine the maple syrup and blueberry jam over medium heat and allow flavors to marry.
- Drizzle pancakes with blueberry maple syrup to serve.