Carla makes Blueberry Pancakes like her mom used to make!!
- step-by-step directions
- For the Pancakes:
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1/2 stick Butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 For the Syrup: For the Syrup: pint Blueberries (rinsed) For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Blueberry Jam
- For the Pancakes: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, lemon zest, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients until combined but with small lumps.
- Preheat an oven to 200ºF. Heat a griddle to medium heat. Grease lightly with butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle, and when bubbles begin to form on the surface, carefully drop blueberries into the pancakes, then flip. Once golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, transfer to a plate in the oven to keep warm.
- For the Syrup: Meanwhile in a small saucepot, combine the maple syrup and blueberry jam over medium heat and mix to combine.
- Drizzle pancakes with blueberry maple syrup to serve.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Make pancakes up to a two hours in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Blueberries Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Waffles, Pancakes & French Toast
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette