Blueberry Bars with Lemon Cream
Clinton Kelly's Blueberry Pucker Bars
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar (divided)
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 large Egg Yolk plus 1 tablespoon Water (whisked)
- 10 tablespoons cold Butter (cubed plus more for greasing)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Lemon Zest to garnish
- For the Lemon Cream and Limoncello Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Curd
- 1 cup Limoncello
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking dish with butter.
- Whisk together the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolk mixture. Working with your hands blend in the cubed butter. Press all but 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Toss together the blueberries, lemon juice, remaining sugar and cornstarch. Pour mixture over the crust. Crumble the remaining flour mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden and blueberries are cooked down. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before serving with a dollop of Lemon Cream and drizzle of Limoncello Syrup. Garnish with lemon zest.
- For Lemon Cream and Limoncello Syrup: Whip heavy cream and sugar to medium-stiff peaks. Fold in the curd and serve. In a small pot over medium-high heat, reduce the limoncello by half. Chill.
Similar categories: Desserts