This delicious salad is healthy AND tasty. Can't beat that, right?
Broccoli Salad with Walnuts and Raisins
- 1/2 Cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 Lb head broccoli (cut into 1/2-inch florets)
- 1/2 Cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Tspn freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Have ready a bowl of ice water.
- Drop broccoli in boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove broccoli. Transfer it immediately to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well and place the broccoli in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon over the broccoli and stir to combine. Stir in the walnuts, raisins, and scallions and serve.