All the taste of fried chicken, but it's baked!
Bobby Deen's Unfried Chicken
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs (trimmed of all visible fat -- about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups cornflake crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large cast iron skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium high.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the House Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon zest, juice, egg whites, and hot sauce. Add the chicken; toss to coat.
- Place the corn flake crumbs in another large bowl. Dip the chicken into the crumbs pressing so the crumbs adhere.
- Place the chicken in the prepared skillet and then transfer to the oven. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with Broccoli Salad with Walnuts and Raisins