There's nothing more delicious or All-American than steak - and Bobby Flay's version is the cream of the crop.
Bobby Flay's Rib Eye Steak With Chipotle Honey Glaze and Roasted Pepper Relish
- Chipotle Honey Glaze:
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Tblspn Chipotle puree
- 1 Tblspn Dijon mustard
- 2 Tblspn Canola oil
- 1 Tspn Kosher salt
- Roasted Pepper Relish:
- 2 Roasted red peppers (julienned)
- 2 Roasted poblano peppers (julienned)
- 3 Cloves roasted garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 3 Tblspn Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblspn Finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tblspn finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic Chips:
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 6 Cloves garlic (sliced paper-thin crosswise)
- 4 Rib-eye steaks (14-16 ounces each)
- Canola oil
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Cilantro sprigs
- For the Chipotle Honey Glaze, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the Roasted Red Pepper Relish, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- For the Garlic Chips, heat oil in a small saut?? pan over medium heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the garlic slices in batches and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt.
- For the Ribeye, heat your grill to high or preheat your broiler.
- Brush the steaks with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- If using your broiler
- : Place the steaks on a broiler pan and broil until golden brown on the first side, 5-6 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue cooking to medium-rare doneness, 6-7 minutes longer. During the last minute of cooking, liberally brush the top of steaks with some of the chipotle-honey glaze. Remove from the broiler and brush with more of the glaze. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Top each steak with a large dollop of the roasted pepper relish and sprinkle with the garlic chips. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- If using your grill:
- Place the steaks on the grill and grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue grilling for 5-6 minutes longer. During the last minute of cooking, liberally brush the top of the steaks with some of the chipotle-honey glaze. Remove from the grill and brush with more of the glaze. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top each steak with a large dollop of the roasted pepper relish and sprinkle with the garlic chips. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.