A family favorite!
Batali's Boys Peach Shortcake
- For the Peaches:
- 8 Peaches
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 batch Yogurt Scratch Biscuits
For the Whipped Cream:
- 2 pints Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 cup Sugar
For the Yogurt Scratch Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 1/4 Cups Greek yogurt
- For the Yogurt Scratch Biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until combined. Add the butter, and pulse it a few more times, until the butter is thoroughly cut into the flour mixture.
- Add the yogurt and pulse the mixture a couple more times to stir it in, just until the mixture forms into a cohesive whole Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it 10 times, no more, no less. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour, though the dough should be somewhat sticky.
- Press the dough to a 3/4-inch thickness and cut into rounds using a glass or biscuit cutter, pressing straight down without twisting.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased parchment covered sheetpan. Reshape the remaining dough and cut into biscuits. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, depending on your biscuit size, or until the biscuits are a light golden brown.
- For the Whipped Cream: Put a large bowl into the freezer for the whipped cream.
- Take out the bowl as the biscuits are baking and pour the whipping cream in the bowl and beat with the hand held mixer.
- When it reaches the desired consistancy done add the sugar and vanilla extract.
- For the Peaches: Slice up peaches and season with salt and pepper. Toss in a bowl with a splash of balsamic vinegar to taste.
- When biscuits are done take them out of the oven and cut them in half. Top biscuits with dressed peaches and whipped cream.
Similar categories: Desserts