Humble cabbage gets a welcome lift from crispy bacon and a bottle of beer.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup bacon (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 heads savoy cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until the onions are translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the cabbage and beer with a large pinch of salt and cook, with a lid, until the cabbage is wilted but is still toothy. Stir in the mustard and vinegar and check for seasoning. You may want to add some additional salt, mustard, and vinegar here, depending on preference. Remove the cabbage from the heat and stir in the herbs.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper