Humble cabbage gets a welcome lift from crispy bacon and a bottle of beer.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup bacon (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 heads savoy cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until the onions are translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the cabbage and beer with a large pinch of salt and cook, with a lid, until the cabbage is wilted but is still toothy. Stir in the mustard and vinegar and check for seasoning. You may want to add some additional salt, mustard, and vinegar here, depending on preference. Remove the cabbage from the heat and stir in the herbs.
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue