Humble cabbage gets a welcome lift from crispy bacon and a bottle of beer.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup bacon (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 heads savoy cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until the onions are translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the cabbage and beer with a large pinch of salt and cook, with a lid, until the cabbage is wilted but is still toothy. Stir in the mustard and vinegar and check for seasoning. You may want to add some additional salt, mustard, and vinegar here, depending on preference. Remove the cabbage from the heat and stir in the herbs.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella