Humble cabbage gets a welcome lift from crispy bacon and a bottle of beer.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup bacon (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 heads savoy cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chives (chopped)
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until the onions are translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the cabbage and beer with a large pinch of salt and cook, with a lid, until the cabbage is wilted but is still toothy. Stir in the mustard and vinegar and check for seasoning. You may want to add some additional salt, mustard, and vinegar here, depending on preference. Remove the cabbage from the heat and stir in the herbs.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti
Ratatouille Tarte Tatin
Corned Beef Sandwich Bread Pudding
Fiesta Corn Dip
Grilled Pizza Margherita
Pickle-Brined Fried Chicken Biscuit
Prosciutto and Apple Stuffed Chicken Legs with Sauteed Swiss Chard
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Chicago-Style Polish Sausage