Cabbage with Beer and Bacon
Michael Symon's Braised Cabbage
- 1 cup Bacon (diced)
- 2 heads Savoy Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 bottle IPA Beer
- 2 tablespoons Brown Mustard (such as Bertman's)
- 2 tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 cup Chives (chopped)
- Heat a large dutch- oven over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and cook until crisp. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and beer with a large pinch of salt and cook, with a lid until the cabbage is wilted but is still toothy.
- Stir in the mustard and vinegar and check for seasoning. You may want to add some additional salt, mustard, and vinegar here, depending on preference. Remove the cabbage from the heat and stir in the herbs.