Looking for a great dish that won't break the bank? This is it!
Braised Chicken with Potatoes and Tarragon
- 1 3- pound whole chicken (broken down into 8 pieces)
- Coarse Salt
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 8 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 pound Halved Red Bliss or New Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Tarragon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Break down chicken into 8 pieces and season chicken with salt. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil. Cook chicken, skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken, and push to side of skillet.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté till golden. Add potatoes, tomato paste and season with salt. Add water to pan. Bring to a boil. Add tarragon to liquid. Return to a boil, then lower heat to a high simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Serve immediately.