If you like braised pork butts and cannot lie, than these tacos are the truth serum for you! Savory, spicy and simply sensational! They're so good you'll want second and third helpings!
Braised Chipotle Pork Butt Tacos
- For the Pork Butt:
- 4 pounds Bone-in Pork Butt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 Whole Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (drained)
- 1 bottle Light Mexican Beer
- 2 quarts Chicken Stock (hot)
- For the Tacos:
- Corn Tortillas
- Pickled Red Onions
- Fresh Cilantro (leaves only)
- Queso Fresco (crumbled)
- Avocado slices
- Lime Wedges
- For the Pork Butt: Preheat oven to 300F.
- Season the pork butt generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil until smoking and sear the butt on all sides. Remove from pan and add the onions, garlic, coriander, cumin, a pinch of salt, and more olive oil, if necessary, and cook until the onions have softened, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring in the beer, add the chipotle peppers, place the butt back into the dutch oven, and then bring it to boil.
- Add the chicken stock to pan to come 3/4ths the way up the pork butt, roughly two quarts.
- Bring the stock to a boil, then cover with lid and place into hot oven.
- Braise the butt for about 3 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.
- For the Tacos: Remove the pork butt from the dutch oven and using two forks, shred the meat.
- Warm the tortillas and arrange accompaniments in bowls. Build tacos as desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pork Courses & Meals Dinner Pork Lunch Techniques Roasting Cuisine Mexican