Tender Chicken Legs
Utokia Langley's Braised Curry Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 Chicken Leg Quarters (skin on; bone-in)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried Thyme (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
- Corn Starch mixture (1/2 tablespoon Corn Starch plus 1 teaspoon Water mixed together)
- 6 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger (to taste)
- In large, deep pan with a lid, heat unsalted butter and extra virgin olive oil on high heat until melted. Season chicken with sea salt, ground pepper, granulated garlic and dried thyme. Add chicken to pan and sear on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove Chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add sugar to pan and stir into pan drippings until sugar melts. While constantly whisking, slowly add heavy whipping cream, sherry cooking wine, corn starch mixture, curry powder and ground ginger and whisk until liquid begins to boil. Once the curry braising liquid comes to a boil, turn heat down to medium and add the chicken back to the pan.
- Spoon some of the curry braising liquid and pour over top of chicken to ensure all chicken is smothered in curry braising liquid. Cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes without opening lid.
- Once chicken is done, remove pan from heat and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. When plating, make sure to pour a generous helping of the braising liquid over the chicken.