Fresh lemon juice and a handful of parsley dress up a classic potato side dish.
Braised Scallions and Potatoes
- 2 pounds tiny Yukon Gold Potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 Garlic clove (cut into thick slices)
- 2 bunches Scallions (roots and greens trimmed; cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (sliced)
- 1 cup Vin Santo
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Lemon (cut around the core into 4 pieces)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place a heavy bottomed pot over a medium-high heat and add the butter. Toss in the potatoes, garlic, scallions and lemon wedges and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the vin santo and water, bring to a simmer, and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.