Johnny Iuzzini shared this South American twist on the classic carrot cake - complete with homemade chocolate frosting!
Brazilian Carrot Cake
- 1 Lb 4 oz. carrots
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz oil
- 16 oz sugar
- 9 oz all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 3 .5 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Teaspoon honey
- For the Cake: Prepare a 9x13 cake pan with butter and flour. Pre heat oven to 325 f.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots. Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a blender mix the carrots, eggs, oil and sugar. Blend until its completely smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the dry.
- Bake for 40 min.
- For the chocolate frosting: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Let it boil and cook for 5 min. The cake should still be warm when you pour it over.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Carrots Courses & Meals Breakfast & Brunch Desserts Cakes