This breakfast is filling and delicious. Whip up a batch today and enjoy.
Super Breakfast Bananas Foster
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 4 Bananas (cut in half lengthwise then halved)
- 1/2 cup cereal (we used Chex)
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Melt butter, and then stir in sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon sticks.
- Once it is melted and combined add rum and little pinch of salt.
- Using a long stemmed lighter, flambé the mixture. As the mixture is boiling add the bananas. Cook until bananas are warmed through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over greek yogurt topped with cereal.