Tortillas with Eggs and Chorizo
Michael Symon's SF Mission-Style Breakfast Burrito Bar
- For the Burrito:
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pound fresh Chorizo (removed from casing)
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Idaho Potatoes (scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 12 Eggs
- 6 14- inch Flour Tortillas
For the Garnishes:
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- 3 Jalapenos (thinly sliced)
- 4 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Red Salsa
- 1 recipe Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (leaves picked)
- 3 Limes (cut into wedges)
- Hot Sauce to taste
- For the Burrito: Heat a saute pans one over medium-high heat.
- Preheat a griddle or grill over medium-high heat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add the chorizo, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Brown evenly, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender.
- Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and stir frequently. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl, along with 2 tablespoons of water, and whisk them with salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the pan and then continuously stir until desired doneness. Remove to a plate.
- For the Garnishes: Build the tortillas by laying a one in the center of a square of foil then scooping the eggs into the center. Wrap and place on the grill until warm, 3 to 5 minutes. Then cut in half and eat with your favorite garnishes.