Broccoli Bake with Parmesan, Panko, and Pasta
Daphne Oz's Broccoli and Orzo Casserole
- 1 package Green Giant Broccoli Steamers
- 2 cups Cooked Orzo (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- Olive Oil
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine the broccoli and cooked orzo in 9x9 baking dish.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, season with salt and cook until fragrant.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute to toast flour. Whisk in the chicken stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add milk and 2 cups of cheese and stir together. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour over the broccoli.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir. Sprinkle over the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until bread crumbs are golden. Serve warm.