Crunchy broccoli shreds are dressed up with golden raisins, sunflower seeds, and pecans.
Zesty Broccoli Salad
- For the Salad:
- 2 heads Broccoli (stems peeled)
- 2 Carrots (finely julienned)
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds (toasted)
- 1/3 cup Pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Red Onion (finely sliced)
For the Dressing:
- 2 Lemons (zest and juice)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely minced)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- For the Salad: Trim the ends of the broccoli stems. Using a mandoline, cut the stems into thin slices. Roughly chop the florets.
- Add to a large bowl and toss in the carrots, sunflower seeds, pecans, raisins and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Dressing: Add all of the dressing ingredients except the oil to a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasoning.
- Add the salad to the dressing and toss to coat.