Ice Cream Brownie Sandwiches
Carla Hall's Brownie Ice Cream Dippers
- For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 6 ounces Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Dark Chocolate (chopped into small bits)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
For the Cherry Sauce:
- 2 cups Frozen Cherries (thawed)
- 1 Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
For the Brownies:
- 8 ounces Butter
- 8 ounces Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Ice Cream
- For the Chocolate Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir until incorporated.
- For the Caramel Sauce: Heat sugar on moderately high heat in a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, stir vigorously with a whisk or wooden spoon. As soon as the sugar comes to a boil, stop stirring.
- Once the sugar crystals have melted (and the sugar is dark amber in color), immediately add the butter to the pan. Whisk until the butter has melted, then remove from heat. Stir in the salt.
- Slowly add the sour cream and continue to whisk to incorporate. Whisk until the caramel is smooth. Let cool in pan to room temperature for a couple of minutes before pouring it into a mason jar.
- For the Cherry Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pot over medium low heat. Simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until cherries burst and thickened. Serve warm or let cool to room temperature.
- For the Whipped Cream: Vigorously whisk the cream in a chilled bowl until frothy. Sprinkle in the powdered sugar and continue to whisk until medium peaks form or when the whisk is removed and the whipped cream holds shape but the falls slightly on the end, about 5 minutes.
- For the Brownies: Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease half sheet pan with butter, line with parchment paper and grease with more butter.
- Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, salt, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate mixture, and then add flour. Stir just until combined. Spread mixture evenly into a prepared half sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out somewhat clean. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Remove brownies from pan and peel off the parchment. Cut the brownies into 1 1/2-inch by 4-inch pieces to create 16 brownie rectangles.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and using scissors trim away the edges of the carton. Working quickly, cut rectangles to match the size of the brownie pieces. Make a sandwich with two pieces of brownies with the glossy parts of the brownie on the inside. Place on a sheet tray and return to the freezer until ready to serve. Serve with sauces.
Similar categories: Desserts