The Chew's Buckwheat Crepes
Try all five versions!
- step-by-step directions
The Chew's Buckwheat Crepes
- For the Crepes:
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For Daphne's Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup green olives (pitted)
- 1 3/4 cup mushrooms (sauteed)
- 1 3/4 cup Gruyere (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Clinton's Filling:
- 12 slices thick cut ham (diced)
- 1 3/4 Cup swiss cheese (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Michael's Filling:
- 2 cup pulled chicken
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 3/4 cup fontina (grated - plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
For Mario's Filling:
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Carla's Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup sauteed spinach
- 1 3/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 1/2 cup creamed spinach (warmed for garnish)
- For the Crepes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients together and whisk.
- Heat a 6" non-stick saute pan over medium heat. No oil is necessary, but carefully monitor the heat. If the pan smokes, turn the heat down.
- Ladle a scant 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and twirl so that the base of the pan is covered in a thin layer. Cook for about one minute, or until the edges are loose from the pan. Use a spatula and quickly flip the crepe, cooking the other side for about 30 seconds longer. Continue until all the batter is used up.
- For Carla's Filling: This recipe works well with leftover ingredients. For Carla's recipe, use leftover sauteed spinach (heat olive oil in a pan, toss in a few handfuls of washed spinach and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan once spinach is wilted). Assemble crepes by dividing ingredients evenly among crepes.
- For Mario's Filling: Use sauteed broccoli in the same method as above. Cook until desired doneness. Assemble crepes by dividing ingredients evenly among crepes.
- For Daphne's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- For Clinton's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- For Michael's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- Place on a sheet tray, or in a casserole, and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the fillings are warmed through. Garnish crepes.
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter
Strawberry Linzer Cheesecake
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts