Try all five versions!
The Chew's Buckwheat Crepes
- For the Crepes:
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For Daphne's Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup green olives (pitted)
- 1 3/4 cup mushrooms (sauteed)
- 1 3/4 cup Gruyere (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Clinton's Filling:
- 12 slices thick cut ham (diced)
- 1 3/4 Cup swiss cheese (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Michael's Filling:
- 2 cup pulled chicken
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 3/4 cup fontina (grated - plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
For Mario's Filling:
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (grated - plus more for garnish)
For Carla's Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup sauteed spinach
- 1 3/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 1/2 cup creamed spinach (warmed for garnish)
- For the Crepes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients together and whisk.
- Heat a 6" non-stick saute pan over medium heat. No oil is necessary, but carefully monitor the heat. If the pan smokes, turn the heat down.
- Ladle a scant 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and twirl so that the base of the pan is covered in a thin layer. Cook for about one minute, or until the edges are loose from the pan. Use a spatula and quickly flip the crepe, cooking the other side for about 30 seconds longer. Continue until all the batter is used up.
- For Carla's Filling: This recipe works well with leftover ingredients. For Carla's recipe, use leftover sauteed spinach (heat olive oil in a pan, toss in a few handfuls of washed spinach and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan once spinach is wilted). Assemble crepes by dividing ingredients evenly among crepes.
- For Mario's Filling: Use sauteed broccoli in the same method as above. Cook until desired doneness. Assemble crepes by dividing ingredients evenly among crepes.
- For Daphne's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- For Clinton's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- For Michael's Filling: Divide ingredients equally among the crepes.
- Place on a sheet tray, or in a casserole, and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the fillings are warmed through. Garnish crepes.