A quick, easy, and delicious recipe perfect for summer!
BUSH'S® Marinated Skirt Steak
- For Marinade:
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1½ tablespoons chili powder
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
For Skirt Steak:
1¼ pound skirt steak
1 12-inch sheet plastic wrap
1 can (21.5 ounces) BUSH’S® Sweet Mesqui
- For Marinade: In large bowl, mix together lime juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic.
- For Skirt Steak: Using paper towel, pat steak dry. Place in large bowl of marinade and turn to evenly coat. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes. (Tip: Do not marinate for more than 20 minutes, as steak is thin and acid in lime juice will cause meat to become granular and dry.)
- Remove steak from marinade and season with salt to taste.
- Set clean, well-oiled grill to high heat, when grill is hot, place steak on grill using tongs. Cook 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip steak and cook 2 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F. (Tip: Skirt steak is thin and cooks quickly; to avoid overcooking meat, make sure grill is very hot before placing meat on grill.)
- Remove steak from grill using tongs and place on platter. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with BUSH’S® Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans®.
- For Optional Pesto: Place cilantro, salt, jalapeño and oil in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- For Optional Red Salsa: Set clean, well-oiled grill to high heat. When grill is hot, using tongs, place tomatoes, onion and jalapeño directly on grill. Cook until charred evenly on all sides, about 5 minutes, turning as necessary.
- Using tongs, remove onion, tomatoes and jalapeño from grill. Cut onion into pieces and place onion, tomatoes and jalapeño in food processor or blender. Add salt and puree until smooth.
- Garnish steak with thick stripe of pesto, salsa and sour cream, as desired.