Fresh and delicious!
Butter Lettuce with Apple, Walnuts, Pomegranate Seeds and Chicken
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1 Honeycrisp or Fuji apple (quartered and cored and the thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups Poached Chicken Breast (diced)
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the Poached Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast (boneless skinless)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 parsley stems
- 2 bay leaves
- For the Poached Chicken: Place chicken breast and stock in a sauce pot making sure chicken is covered by stock. Add parsley and bay leaves. Bring to a light simmer over medium heat - not a rolling boil. Simmer for 7 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Chicken should be cooked through - returning to a simmer for 2 minutes if additional cooking is needed. Cool completely on a plate and chill if desired.
- For the Vinaigrette: Place all ingredients in a mason jar (or any container with a secure lid) and shake vigorously to incorporate ingredients.
- For the Salad: Tear the lettuce into a large bowl, along with the chicken, apples and walnuts and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the vinaigrette, using only as needed. Do not overdress the salad. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and pomegranate seeds.