Your salad's favorite dressing takes on pasta. Generously coat the noodles in this garlicky sauce and dust with pecorino.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 6 Anchovy fillets (drained)
- 4 large Garlic cloves (grated or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball the amount)
- 2 medium heads Escarole (washed)
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 large Egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, salt the water. Add the pasta and cook until just shy of al dente, according to package directions. Heads up: you need to reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking water just before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, put a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the anchovies and cook until they've melted into the oil, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic, stir 1 minute then add in Worcestershire. Shred the escarole and add several handfuls at a time, wilting the greens in the garlic oil. Dress the greens with lots of pepper and a little nutmeg, then squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the pan.
- Add the reserved starchy cooking water to the eggs in a small bowl and beat together to temper them. Turn off the heat and add the drained pasta and the egg mixture. Stir to combine. Add half of the cheese and toss vigorously for 1 minute.
- Dress the pasta with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and transfer to a serving dish. Pass the remaining cheese at the table.
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs