A stuffing recipe that's simple, delicious...and customizable!
Moist & Savory Stuffing
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular or Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery (coarsely chopped - about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped - about 1 cup)
- 1 package (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- Heat the broth, black pepper, celery and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring often. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Cover the baking dish. Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.
- RECIPE TIPS: You can also use a 3-quart casserole for this recipe. For crunchier stuffing, bake the stuffing uncovered. For Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing, stir 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and chopped pecans into the stuffing mixture before baking. For Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms to the vegetables during cooking. Stir 1/2 pound pork sausage, cooked and crumbled, into the stuffing mixture before baking.