A deliciously rich take on mashed potatoes!
Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular or Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add the additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with the remaining bacon.