Clinton Kelly's Candied Bacon
- For the Candied Bacon:
- 1 pound Thick Cut Bacon
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or more to taste)
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Frisee Salad
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- For the Candied Bacon: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Stir together the dark brown sugar, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar. Add freshly cracked pepper (about 10 turns) and a pinch of salt.
- Add half the mixture to a baking dish and reserve the other half in a bowl. Lay the bacon, piece by piece, in the baking dish, coating both sides, then transfer to the cooling rack.
- Lay the bacon in a single row on the rack. Place in the oven and let cook. After 15 minutes begin basting every 5 minutes until crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes total.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the rack (or they will stick) and use, either whole or crumbled.
- Serve with Frisee Salad or Ice Cream.