Salmon with Cucumber Salad
Tyler Gage's Candied Lemon and Dill Salmon
- 2 6- ounce Salmon Filets (preferably King or Coho)
- 2 tablespoons minced Candied Lemon Peels
- 2 teaspoons Dried Dill
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
For the Cucumber Salad:
- 1 organic Cucumber (partially peeled; leaving strips of skin)
- Spanish Olive Oil (to serve)
- fresh Meyer Lemon Juice (to serve)
- fresh Dill (to serve)
For the Candied Meyer Lemon:
- 2 Meyer Lemons (peeled; reserving juice)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a glass baking dish with olive oil. Mix together the lemon peel, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place salmon in the baking dish and top with the seasoning mix. Bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness. Serve with cucumber salad.
- For the Cucumber Salad: Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cube the cucumber and drizzle with olive oil. Toss together with the dill and fresh lemon juice.
- For the Candied Meyer Lemon: Peel lemons and combine in a small sauce pot with water, sugar and fresh ginger. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until lemon peels are almost translucent. Remove from heat and pour into a heat proof bowl or jar. Allow to cool completely.
Similar categories: Dinner