Over-The-Top Sweet Potatoes
Carla Hall's Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
- 4 pounds Sweet Potatoes (all about the same size)
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Pecan pieces
- Cover potatoes with water, and add enough salt to water so it tastes like the sea. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until just tender. Drain and let potatoes cool.
- When cooled, peel and cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Layer potatoes in greased baking dish.
- In small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and bourbon. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until brown. Increase temperature to 500 degrees F and top with mini marshmallows and pecans. Cook for 5 minutes or until pecans and marshmallow are lightly browned.