Use leftover candy as the inspiration for these festive baked goods.
Candy Surprise Cupcake
- 6 ounces Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 12 pieces Leftover Mini Candy Bars (plus more for garnish)
- For the Frosting:
- 1 pound Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Whip in the eggs until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Measure the milk and stir in the vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the sugar mix and blend, then add 1/2 of the milk. Alternate with the remaining flour and milk ending with the flour.
- Evenly divide the batter between the cupcake liners. Press one piece of candy in the center of each cupcake (taking note of the order of the candy for later). Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Decorate with frosting and garnish with additional candy that matches the inside candy.
- For the Frosting: Beat together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and beat in until fully incorporated. This can be made a few days in advance and kept covered in the fridge. Return to room temperature when ready to use.