Capicola Sandwich with Fried Egg
Mario Batali's Capicola Melt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 ounces Capicola Ham (shaved)
- 4 ounces Provolone Cheese (sliced)
- 2 Kaiser Rolls (split)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Spicy Brown Mustard to garnish
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle to medium heat. Crack eggs onto griddle and fry the eggs. Mound the ham in to piles and place a slice of cheese over each pile.
- As eggs fry and cheese melts, spread butter on the cut sides of the kaiser rolls, and place cut side down on the griddle. Remove kaiser rolls, place a mound of ham and cheese on each bottom half and top with the fried egg. Top with top half of bun and serve with spicy brown mustard.